making games/programs for Dual-core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Are they making Dual-Core using games/programs (that is public knowledge) that would make it worth while to get the X2, or is it all speculation? just tryin to figure out if it is justified to spend the extra 100 over a single core for a dual core. Thanks.

From another thread. IMHO, 1x is just as good. I looked on a friend's pc with dual core, and there wasn't enough of a difference for me to wanna go out n buy a whole nother card. But whatever makes ya happy i guess :p

If buying a CPU:
~What will you be using it for?
"Corrected by GHOST"
Gamers DO use dual cores as do multi-taskers.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
games that were scripted PROIR to the technology of X2's only use one core yes ! however X2's and other dual cores will soon become the future of games as different cores can be given to perform different tasks, i have a X2 3800 and i absolutly love it, would never go back to a single core CPU, i also believe games are already being written to incorporate both cores eg: FEAR and i believe the new unreal engine will too along with the script for PhysX cards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for whether or not D-core specific games are coming out, I haven't seen or heard anything of the sort yet =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom