Major Contemplating..

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknikull

In Runtime
Hey techies. I just finished workin my a** off all summer in hopes to build a gaming comp (ive already spent 190$ on an ASUS A8N-E s939 mobo and an AMD athlon 64 3800+ Venice s 939 processor) now i dont kno if i want to buy it. The whole reason i wanted to build my own is cuz i didnt want to spend money on my crappy comptuer (this whole thing started cuz i wanted to play WoW but my GFX card is 16mb and i need 32mb) I went to upgrade my GFX card and all the other cards (was gonna get geforce FX5500 128mb) but it recommended i have a 300W PSU..i have a 250W (I read forums about how ppl had less power than required and they would get artifacts) my friend gave me a 400W generic PSU for free and i plugged it in and just my luck my f'in PSU is proprietary so my comp woodnt turn on..So now im asking myself a few questions that i need help answering:
1.Should I go ahead and get a cheap FX series GFX card (will it work with my 250W PSU?)
2.Should i spent all 500$ i made this summer to build a new comp (Im fearing i will regret it)
or 3.Seeings how im 16 should i buy a relatively cheap car and get a job during school and then make enough money to buy mo computer then? (by the time i get enought money the computer i wanna buy now will b significantly cheaper (and unfortunately more significantly obsolete))

HELP ME DECIDE..I just dont kno

(sorry if this makes no sense to u guys at all i tried my best)

thats tough
it depends on wat u would prefer
personally
a cheap computer beats a cheap car anyday
andd that mobo and processort will be a bit of a waste if you dont buy the rest of the comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom