Low Profile PSU and Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

toejamfootball

Solid State Member
My friend has $200, but he has a slim pc and cant fit normal video cards so we are looking for a PSU and Video card that would work in his pc. He has about $200-250 to spend.

you should post up what kind of pc it is, like what model it is.

i had a friend also who had a slim type of pc and turns out that his perticular model of pc only used custom psu's

If its an HP or Compaq slimline PC, t hen you'll have to go to their website to order a new PSU; I had looked and looked all over and they're about the only place that's decently priced to get one. Be advised, it's probably not going to have a power plug for a video card.

ok, it seems like your gonna have to do some researching to find a better psu that fits that pc. i can look a bit for you to see what i find.

as for the gpu, i think i might have found you a card that will fit. it should be better than what came with the pc, but i don't know how good it is in general, maybe someone can take a look.

Newegg.com - XFX PVT86SYML4 GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

this is one of the reviews of this product which seemed weird for me to find lol.

"Reviewed By: Ish on 3/4/2009
Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
Tech Level Tech Level: average - Ownership: 1 day to 1 week
This user purchased this item from Newegg

Pros: I love this card. It was my first card i had purchase for my desktop. I have a inspiron 530s and it fits just right. it was easy to install.
Cons: no
Other Thoughts: I want to say thanks for NEWEGG for making it easy for me. their price are the best 5/5"

-----
thing is that its listed that the card requires a 350W psu, and it looks like that 530s only has a 250W :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom