Looking for a UPS battery, need help plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
I'm looking for a UPS battery and surge protection, my currect ups can't handle my PC. Is very old already (3 to 4 years, lol?? )

Anyway my budget is around $100 to $140.. so if anyone here can help me. I need the best UPS around that price i will be very grateful for any help.

Thnx in advance. ;)

Yeah, APC is "the" brand of UPS's.

I was lucky enough to get a bunch of them free when the local grocery store was replacing them all =)

Haha. Maybe if you asked a month ago! I gave most of 'em away to relatives, and kept two for myself. Most of 'em were older versions anyway, probably wouldn't have been able to hand newer computer loads.

I agree, APC is the way to go - best UPS units out there. Checkout http://www.uninterruptiblesolutions.com . They sell refurbished APC UPS units which are a lot cheaper than buying a brand new one so you can get a better one for less. For your price range, you can get something like a Smart-UPS 700 or 1000 which will give you a good 30 mins to 45 mins to shutdown when the power fails and also gives you a really good surge protector. They include the cables with all their units over 700VA so you can download PowerChute from APC's website to automatically shutdown your comptuer if you aren't around (or you can use Windows XP's built in shutdown system from the control panel -> power options -> UPS tab)

One other thing to keep in mind -- the batteries only last about 3 years and have to be replaced for the UPS to do you any good. I always replace mine after 2 1/2 years to make sure I've always got good protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom