Looking to upgrade my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
I have a pretty good socket 939 rig, but I realize that it's getting a little outdated. I wanted to spend like no more than $500 for like a cpu, mobo, ram, and anything else i could or would need. In my sig is my current specs i would like to use as much of the current stuff as i can for example hard drive and dvd drives. The only thing though is that i would want a micro ATX from factor motherboard becuase I'm going to be building it in a new Ultra Micro Fly case that i bought. What do you guys think I should get? I was aiming to make it handle crysis maybe on medium at least, that's my goal.

For the current set there to be replaced by a new board, cpu, video card, cpu cooler if running stock hsf now, and certainly memory prices have come down or are lower on certain things. You can look over the estimate for a mid ranged upgrade with nothing elaborate.

Board(micro atx AM2?) $70-$110
cpu(AMD or Intel) $150-$190
mid range video card = $110-$140
memory = DDR2 533(slow), 667, 800 AM2+ 800 and faster 2gb $100-$140
sound card optional = $80 Creative XtremeGamer or Diamond model

well im looking to stick with AM2, so what's the best cpu i could get for under $100. Also can someone recommend me a good micro ATX AM2 Motherboard. I want one with decent o/cing. I'm trying to make this as cheap as possible because I'm on a budget and Most of my money goes towards my car payments.

Alright so i got a really good deal on the AMD X2 6400 black edition with the ECS GeForce6100SM-M motherboard all for only $200. I'm going to get some ram for it soon, but the only thing is im looking for a good power supply for under $50. Any suggestions.

You can find a perfectly good PSU for well under $50. I have been using a stock PSU that came with my case (meaning it is a piece of ****) for almost two years now. Just pick one with decent reviews on newegg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom