Looking to upgrade my Hard drive

Alexosborne1997

Beta member
Hi everyone,

After inquiring about a problem with my current Hard drive I have decided to purchase a new hard drive for my gaming PC.

I was thinking of ordering the 2TB Barracuda pro from Seagate however have also been considering the Seagate 2TB Firecuda SSHD.

Does anyone have any experience with the quality of either of these drives and would they recommend them?

Thanks,

Alex

I recommend any SSD, they are all generally much faster than HDD's. You do not need an expensive one. Not only are SSD's generally faster than HDD's, they also do not slow down over time like the HDD's as the drive fills up

I recommend any SSD, they are all generally much faster than HDD's. You do not need an expensive one. Not only are SSD's generally faster than HDD's, they also do not slow down over time like the HDD's as the drive fills up
SSDs aren't feasible for everyone. I would have recommended an SSD if he didn't already say he was having issues with his current storage drive.

Also, that's a general misconception. SSDs actually do get slower when they fill up people just don't notice it or understand what to look for.

imho.... I would tend to think that any decent gaming rig would have a SSD along with a platter drive for storage. Today you can buy 500gb SSD's for around $130. and a 2 tb drive for under $100., or as acerinpa stated....a 3tb drive for $90.

Agree... if your going to own an SSD, then you should know how to manage it too, by not letting it fill up and get slow. (that's why we get large platter drives)

SSDs aren't feasible for everyone. I would have recommended an SSD if he didn't already say he was having issues with his current storage drive.

Also, that's a general misconception. SSDs actually do get slower when they fill up people just don't notice it or understand what to look for.

Well, regardless, still way faster than HDD's :p

Some people can't have their cake and eat it too. SSDs are cheap sure, but some can either have space or speed. Most tend to go for the latter.

I use an SSD for my OS drive, an SSD for my games drive, a platter drive for odds and ends, and a large platter drive for mass storage.

Back
Top Bottom