Looking to upgrade my graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden1992

Solid State Member
Hi guys, so i just bought a dell inspiron 530 to prepare for WAR (i know its not a high end gaming rig but trust me its 100x better than my old computer) and it came with an integrated graphics card which i heard so a load of crud. I have an intel core duo CPU 2.4ghz 3 gig ram 300gig hard drive and a 32 bit operating system, now im not a computer genius, can someone please help me and look up the computer and see if a Novatech GeForce 8600GT SLI 256MB GDDR3 HDTV Dual DVI/TVO PCI-E Graphics Card will fit and run on it, thanks alot guys, peace. Just to let you know im not looking to buy a new PSU as i would probably <snipped> up my computer when trying to change them.

Hello,

Moved to the correct area. This has nothign to do with Windows. This is about a hardware upgrade. Please make sure to post in the right area.

2nd. Please make sure to read our rules. We have a swear filter in place. do NOT bypass it by typing in 1 letter then starring the rest out. Either all or nothing.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Mak

it will fit. it has a pci express video card and regular pci express slot

Sweet, i tried to put a normal pci card in just wouldnt fit, i take it pci express are smaller and coem with the right power supply cables?

just make sure that the all of the psu 24 pins are plug in and you are fine. some psu come with 20 pins and that's fine for onboard video, but not pci express

another guy told me to contact dell and ask them if my computer supports pci express x 16 cards (164 pins) and if it does i can buy a ''EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card'' (just to be sure that is a graphics card right >.>)

awesome was told by dell that my computer takes x16 cards.

I have this exact computer (it's my wife). I have a 16x ati pci express video card in it. my video playback in media center kept getting stuck when I used the onboard video. the video card fix those issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom