Looking to Upgrade my Desktop

Drexhan

Beta member
Hello guys, I'm looking to upgrade my desktop, I'm looking for a new CPU and a new GPU, although I'll need to buy a new motherboard as well.

What I'm looking for is a gaming machine, what GPU's CPU's and Motherboards are the best together? The best cheapest at the moment, since I don't want to end up spending like 1000$ on an upgrade. Thanks in advance.

Post your budget, and what website(s) you can order from (since you're in Portugal).

My budget is kinda vague still, cause i don't know how much are the values of good and cheap products. As for the order i'm still thinking about it, but maybe amazon.

It also helps to list what you currently have.

Can't be vague on a budget because we need to know in what direction to go. Also what games you plan to play.

Ok in terms of budget then.. let's say 300/400$..
I want to play all the recent games at a decent fps and in a pretty quality, not like ultra but not very low either.

I think upgrade is not really best idea in your shoes I would sell that PC and go to store and look for already assambled PC atlest in my country it's fair deal . I would aim for something like i3-4160 8GB of ram and r7 260x/GTX 750 all tho I think you got more money so I guess you can Aim for something like FX-8350 or some i5 fourth gen with cards like R9 270x/GTX 750Ti . Those build are most common in my country and best in some price range that you can get .

I really don't see room for upgrade your PSU is prolly old if you change GPU you will maybe need to change PSU too and if you change your processor you will need to get new Ram and new motherborad. LGA 775 is old socket your processor Q9400 is in like top 10 that you can get for that socket + you can't get anywhere new processor for that socket only used one it's also a DDR2 memory motherborad with only 2 slots I guess .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom