Looking to upgrade....

bigdog33

In Runtime
Hi everyone, got a hp pavilion p2-1113w from my dad and stepmom last winter. Did not use it until couple months ago or so since I finally bought a power for it. Fixed it up and upgraded to windows 10 and then gave it to my neighbor since she needed a computer for basic stuff. Now I got it back today since she is moving out and doesn't want to bring with.

Anyways... is it possible to upgrade a motherboard? Of course have to be with dc-in jack since it doesn't take a external psu. The current specs of it now is horrible... AMD E series that doesn't even do 2 ghz. So would like 1 with good cpu and probably will order new ram as well at least 8gb. Would use it just for photography editing. If know any good motherboards with dc-in jack... leave some links, thanks!

Also how can I get windows 10 on it after the mobo swap?

if you're getting a new mobo ram and cpu thats basically a new computer lol

and are you saying the power supply on that does not use a standard plug??? motherboards generally don't have a dc in? thats something for a power supply.

also what is your upgrade budget lookin' like.. i'm sure you can find some decent used gear on ebay to reuse your current ram.. not sure how proprietary that power supply is though.. so it may give a hard time connecting to a different motherboard.. hard to say without seeing.. lemme look into that particular model

Last edited:
if you're getting a new mobo ram and cpu thats basically a new computer lol

and are you saying the power supply on that does not use a standard plug??? motherboards generally don't have a dc in? thats something for a power supply.

also what is your upgrade budget lookin' like.. i'm sure you can find some decent used gear on ebay to reuse your current ram.. not sure how proprietary that power supply is though.. so it may give a hard time connecting to a different motherboard.. hard to say without seeing.. lemme look into that particular model

Yeah 1 of those laptop charger power plug. When I first got it and opened the case I was like WTH is the psu? Then researched online about that so yeah lol. I notice most of mini itx got cpu soldered on just like this one. Not sure my budget yet.... I just want them cheap enough that is just good enough for photography editing. My all in one can't do crap with editing lol.

alright i found the specs on hps website.. that is a stranger tower.. using an external power supply...

from the looks of the motherboard it currently has.. it doesnt even have any standard power supply plug ins.. so i'm gonna go ahead and assume if you want a new motherboard you're gonna need to throw in a new power supply as well

motherboard specifications page:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03014811

if you are okay with salvaging what parts you can you can build something for yourself... can reuse your hard drive,cd drive and ram... sadly the processor is soldered onto that motherboard and can not be removed/replaced.

you'd basically need a new motherboard,processor, power supply and case (maybe case.... i'm going to go ahead an assume a lot is proprietary in there)

Attachments

• c03022719.jpg
    c03022719.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
Find something to do with it or toss it. Absolutely everything in there is proprietary aside from the HDD and possibly the RAM which looks to be DDR3L.

NosBoost300 and PP Mguire, thanks for the input... That's what I figured. Will build a computer sometimes later on then.

Back
Top Bottom