Looking to upgrade:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broth32

Beta member
I have a Gateway FX4710-UB003A and I'm wondering what the best graphic card that will be compatible with this system. I'm looking to upgrade to run Civ5, SC2, and SWTOR (when it comes out) with a little more graphic enhancement.

Anything else I could upgrade in this machine to run the types of games better?

Thank you for looking and for any insight!

~Bob

Edit:

Looking at my power supply I have 400W Power Supply

The card I'm looking to get is the GeForce GTX 550 Ti

The system requirements for that card is:
System Requirements
Minimum 400W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 24A)

Will I be okay installing this card or should I look to purchase a power supply as well? If so, which one ;)

Thank again for helping a noob when it comes to upgrading computers...

You're gna' need to upgrade that Power Supply for that kinda' card ;)

Also, what's your budget including this? The 550ti is considered quite a weak card.

I really don't have a budget for the card. I'm just looking for something that is compatible with my processor, ect.

I also don't mind switching out my power supply either. I just have a standard case so I don't have much room. Looks like I only have about 5 1/2" width...

The PSU you have looks to be a standard ATX PSU so you should have no problems. Go with a solid PSU brand... check out the PSU Guide here on TF to see which are best. Off the top of my head I would say Antec and Corsair (not the Builder series).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom