Looking for a temperature display panel thing or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I'm not really sure what I'm doing, I just thought "Hey, maybe I can find something to slide into an empty CD drive slot that displays my system temperature??"

I was looking at these...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Category=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Someone want to give me some more insight/information on these? I'm looking for a really cheap, basic one. Something that just displays the temperature. I don't need any fan controlling super module thing, just want to see in digital letters my system temperature. Also, how do these things work? Do I just plug a 4 pin power connector to it and it'll boot up, or is there some kind of connection that must be made to the motherboard?

I had one built into my case, antech p160, and it was neat to see. I'm not familiar with ones that you buy and install, but I'd suggest looking over the reviews of customers and compare. sorry can't help any more

now that you posted that, i'm startin to look at them too. thats a cool feature to have. i'll probably get one with the front usb and firewire ports.

There are some cases made by 3R that have a temperature display on the front, and are quite cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom