looking for SKT 939 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
Im looking for a socket 939 cpu to upgrade from this x2 3800+

I cant seem to find one online, and the ones i find are either bundled with a motherboard, or FAR to expensive.

(if you want to trade or sell directly to me, send a private message, otherwise if you know any good websites, or online resources for used/refurbished equipment, please post with any info=)

thanks

That socket is aging quickly and to be honest, it doesn't support any cpu that is too much better than your current one. I would stick with what you have, or get an entirely new system.

yeah well, unfortunately .. this system seems to do everything i need it to, at good framerate

sure its not the best (but its clocked at your 6000+ and i would suspect its CLOSE to its performance in games)

athlon x2 3800+ 2ghz @ 2.9ghz
HIS Radeon HD 3850 IceQ
Corsair XMS ddr2 400 @ 450

so, i run crysis just fine at 1280x1024 with high-very high settings...

and most of my other games run fine (i used crysis as an example cause its the most taxing game i have)

mostly im a CoD4, CSS, TF2, kinda guy, we run a gaming community for CSS

anyway i thought maybe the FX-60 would be better

or an opteron 185,

i would be happy with an x2 4800+...

athlon x2 3800+ 2ghz @ 2.9ghz
HIS Radeon HD 3850 IceQ
Corsair XMS ddr2 400 @ 450

i would be happy with an x2 4800+...

Your pc outperforms the X2 4800+ @ Stock. While the X2 4800+ will probably only OC to about 3.2ghz and 3.3ghz Max. So you'd be dishing out all that money for an older S939 X2 that will give you no more then a .3ghz increase.

yeah well, unfortunately .. this system seems to do everything i need it to, at good framerate

sure its not the best (but its clocked at your 6000+ and i would suspect its CLOSE to its performance in games)

I'm confused, so why would you want to upgrade? Like you already and I already said, the upgrades you can get aren't worth the money, and they aren't really upgrades. Stick with what you got until you are ready to get a current socket.

Rich instead of getting a S939 CPU. Why don't you just get an AM2+ board with a cheap/decent X2. Or a budget Intel Motherboard with a E2180/E5200. Since you already have G.Skill DDR2 ram sitting in the closet anyways.

If you go X2 you will be able to just swap your X2 out with Deneb when it comes out and if your interested in that sort of upgrading method.

yeah i guess so=P, i was wanting to save money and trying to find a 50-60 dollar boost to last me a while longer, i guess i'll save up for a few months and go all-out on a top of the line system instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom