Looking for shortest ATX case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archknave

Beta member
Got a problem for the well informed out there.

Wife bought new computer desk. The desk cabinet for the PC to reside in is only 17" deep, 17.5" tall, and about 12" wide. Her existing PC case (cheapie) fits the dimensions fine except for the depth. It sticks out a good three inches.

I don't want to buy a new motherboard and hassle with rebuilding the thing. I'm looking for a case that will use my existing ATX power supply and motherboard.

Motherboard is Abit IS7-V, which is about 7.5" deep by 12" tall (that's how it sits in the tower).

I have one AGP card and one PCI card in it, got a 5.25" cd writer and a 3.5" normal-sized hard drive. I have a 3.5" floppy in it, but I could lose that if necessary.

I have a parallel port connector on the back that sticks out a good 2", so I'm ideally looking for a case that's around 15" in depth. Even if I could find one that is right around 16", I could probably angle it to fit more of it in there.

I've combed the major manufacturers, but I'm only finding micro-ATX cases that will work. Can anyone point me to a solution that might work?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom