Looking at purchasing a "gaming" keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree somewhat, as any keyboard should work. It's the mouse, as vernong mentioned, that should be considered for gaming.

yea i'm getting an mx610 because i hate cheap mice, as for keyboard, as long as it doesn't click loud and isn't extremely ergonomic its alright

i have the mx610 on my old Dell Laptop... it likes to jump around the screen a lto

Ok well I am going to circuit city to feel all the keyboards.

I think I saw someone order from "mwave.com"

Is that a good website to order from? You can purchase the Logitech G15 for 68 dollars, and then get a 20 dollar rebate on it!

Product Details

I suggested Mwave a few times on this site. It's a good site to buy from, kind of like Buy.com which is also very good.

I suggested Mwave a few times on this site. It's a good site to buy from, kind of like Buy.com which is also very good.

Well I might get that G15 then. I only wish that rebate was on the G11.

Also if I dont use macros or will not use the LCD screen, is the Saitek (only lights up) the best keyboard for me?

i honestly think Gaming Keyboards are just hype... as for Gaming Mice, i think they are a necessity for the FPS gamer..

Hmmm I disagree if the games can benefit from macro keys ( and what game doesn't come on ). With a G11/G15 keyboard macros, you can not only record any combo of keys you want but also the timing of the keys...very important for games like WoW

Well I might get that G15 then. I only wish that rebate was on the G11.

Also if I dont use macros or will not use the LCD screen, is the Saitek (only lights up) the best keyboard for me?

If your going to play any game that can be benefited with macros then get the G11. Trust me this keyboard will last you a long time as computer peripherals are long term like computer monitors compared to say GPUs. So 60 bucks really isn't a big deal over like 6 years it will probably last you.

If your going to play any game that can be benefited with macros then get the G11. Trust me this keyboard will last you a long time as computer peripherals are long term like computer monitors compared to say GPUs. So 60 bucks really isn't a big deal over like 6 years it will probably last you.

I only have one macro and it is not used on the keyboard its on my mouse and I enable it only when I need it, so the macros are not a necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom