Looking for a laptop, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
Hey, This is my first time purchasing / looking for a laptop. I have no idea what is good, how much space and such is enough for doing certain tasks etc.
The laptop I'm looking for will be doing stuff like
- browsing the net [wireless internet connection]
- downloading music
- watching videos
- chatting on msn
- maybe some gaming like Warcraft III

Can someone tell me the specs needed for a laptop minus the gaming and then a laptop plus the gaming?

I plan on spending £100 or less [which is about $200 ish], under £70 if thats possible as my budget is really low, I'll be using ebay so I hope I'll find something good. [I already have a nice desktop pc and am using the laptop as something I can use anywhere]

Thanks so much

you wont find anything for that price not even on ebay. you might find something thats like 6 years old!!

Yeah, save up your money if you seriously want a laptop.... You MIGHT be able to find a 15 pound huge laptop from a few years ago for that price, but battery life will be short, and even surfing the web or simple tasks will become a chore.... not much of an 'anywhere' laptop, since it would have to be plugged in frequently. $500-$700 would be a starting range where you might be able to find a non-gaming laptop.

Here are some laptops for you..... http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Dell_Notebooks.html

Cheapest is just about $500

Oh right, thanks for your help. I thought you could find a laptop at that price.

EDIT: What are the specs I should be looking for if I want to do all those things minus / plus the wc3 gaming?

P2 = Pentium 2 yes?

Would that do all those tasks minus gaming at a nice speed.
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom