Looking into a dual or triple monitor setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Python

Solid State Member
So I've been looking into the eyefinity setups by AMD and the SLI setups by nvidia. I have an AMD chipset so either in theory works for me. What do you guys think I should do? Also should I get the 6950 if I do decide to go with eyefinity? And what are some good monitors?

(I'm just looking to buy min. 2 monitors and 1 graphics card)
Price range: around $500 (+-50)

Comp specs:
8GB G. Skill RAM
AMD Phenom X4 (not black edition) 3.0Ghz
Cooler Master HAF 932
Nvidia GeForce GTX 240 (It's a piece of junk, can't play starcraft :'(...)

If you're looking to do double / triple monitor gaming, with the ATi card, you're going to have to buy an Active Display Port adapter (as far as I'm aware.. I think you can use a passive for anything under 1680x1050) which are $100 each. And if you really do want to do double / triple monitor gaming.. definitely buy the third monitor. The bezel right in the middle of the action would kill me :tongue: I have two Acer 1080p 21.5" monitors purchased about two years ago. Amazing quality and I got 'em for ~$140 each.

Also, just if you didn't know, the monitors all have to be the same size and refresh rate to work with EyeFinity.

Oh yeah I know how EyeFinity works (with the same res and refresh rates... made that mistake earlier...). Also the MiniDisplay port things you mentioned are only like $30 on newegg =D So I'm going to start off with the dual setup. then eventually move onto the third I'm not doing any intense gaming, I just multitask too much when I program and the 17'' monitor I have right now is definatley not cutting it =P.

Ahh I see I see.. Well that much more incentive to go with ATi there. My brother has an HD 5870.. Too bad I don't have another Acer 21.5" :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom