Looking into building my first computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess the Graphic Preformance List is now obsolete? Because on that list they are fairly high.. hm.. now I have no clue how to judge video cards =\

I decided to switch back to my original; WD Blue Harddrive. 500GB with 6.0 GB/s

Any good video graphics cards that aren't really expensive?

I would go with a ATI 5770 because it supports newer features and if you happen to have problems it will be easier to get a replacement. This XFX card is only around $115 after a rebate.
Newegg.ca - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

This Sapphire card is only $111 but it only has a 2 year warranty whereas the XFX card has a lifetime warranty.

or there's the GTS 450
Newegg.ca - EVGA 01G-P3-1351-KR GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

To be completely honest the I was thinking the OCZ, purely because it was cheaper and still had the 80+ thing. Is the Corsair worth the extra $15? I reliaze its only $15 but if I can cut money somewhere its always nice, plus it a free $15 that can go to shipping charges :\ haha

I like the GTX 460 better.
but then again, I am biased, and I always think my choices are nearly perfect.
ncix is Canada based, and have the modxstream for cheaper, any reason you don't want to shop from them?

To be completely honest the I was thinking the OCZ, purely because it was cheaper and still had the 80+ thing. Is the Corsair worth the extra $15? I reliaze its only $15 but if I can cut money somewhere its always nice, plus it a free $15 that can go to shipping charges :\ haha
i think it is. id rather have 5 fps less with a cheaper card than a $15 less psu that takes out everything with it when it asplodes.

the graphics performance list isnt obsolete, it just goes back to the beginning of recorded history. modern and horizon games maxed out needs to stick to the top 12 on the list or so...

Alright.. so I've changed things up a bit (sorry for all the flip flopping!) I've decided to get my parents to buy me the CPU,Mobo, and GPU and I'll buy the rest, so I can get a better CPU and GPU

I've changed the CPU to the i7 2600k from the i5 2500k, is it worth the switch? the only difference I could really see was that a slight Ghz increase and that the i7 allowed for.. hyperthreading? I think that was it.. what is that?

I changed the GPU from the HD 5770 to either;
NCIX.com - Buy MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr OC 880MHZ 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini-HDMI DX11 PCI-E Video Card - MSI/MicroStar - N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC - in Canada
or this
Newegg.ca - EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
aside from the lifetime warranty with the Evga, which is better?

Thanks for all the help so far! =)

That EVGA is not a lifetime warranty card; it is three years.

Since the coolers are nigh identical I would go with the EVGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom