Looking for external hard drive w/ fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallstreetjourn2

Solid State Member
What is a good, reliable external hard drive preferably with a fan and a decent protected enclosure, perhaps metal, and can be bought at a retailer like Best Buy? I was thinking about a 250-400 gigs of space for it.

I know some drives die earlier than others for various reasons, but I'm looking for one that's recommended to at least last a couple years. If such a product exists.

somewhere else you might try is pricewatch.com. they have a wide variety of itemsfor computers. i get the majority of my computer parts from there and most of those have a standard 1 yr warranty on them

Currently I use an Iomega - Prestige 1TB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive. The problem with it though is that it occasionally causes my computer to crash, which I read was a sign that it could fail soon. I've had it for a little over a month and would like to take the data from it and transfer it to a more reliable external hard drive for the time being in case it dies.

I was looking for a prefabricated external drive particularly because I do not know (and lack the patience) to put one together myself right now, and because just how readily available they are.

I read Seagate has drives with a 5-year warranty, but after reading some customer reviews it seems like the 1tb+ drives have issues similar to mine, so that's why I thought one with fewer gigs of space might be more reliable and long lasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom