Looking for a CPU+MOBO(+RAM) bundle, preferably with BF3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Right now my computer is toast. I'm fairly certain it's either my CPU (Q6600), or motherboard (P35-DS3L), RAM is fine I think, but if I'm replacing either of the previously mentioned components I'll have to get DDR3 memory anyway. I'm fairly certain my 8800GTS is still functional, but that'll be due for an upgrade somewhere in the near future.

PSU seems alright as well, it's an Antec Neo 500HE, although it's only 500W, the amperage on the three 12v rails totals 51A, which is not bad, further specs can be found here:

neopowerpr7.png

TL;DR: I want a CPU + MOBO (+ RAM) bundle, preferably with a game, preferably BF3. I'm not quite sure what my budget would look like, I haven't put together a tower for a while, so I'm not familiar with this generation of components and how the competition compares with one another, but $500 is definitely the maximum, and less would be better, I like the "bang-for-buck" range of components, similar to what the 8800GT and E6600 were in their times. I have no preference for brands, I just want maximum value. Overclocking is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom