looking for a certian pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
as for playing more modern games, i really don't care all that much because iv'e never been a pc gamer, and i'm only getting it for that single game.. and the internet of course.. but i just hope that the graphics aren't like... N64 looking lol ... but i guess we'll see.. and i also hope that just installing that one game won't like use up all the memory it has ..

installing games doesn't "take up memory". it uses hard drive space. the newer games can take 3 or 4GBs (usually less) of hard drive space when you install them. the cheapest dell you can buy will have at least 80GB of hard drive space. memory is the ram. ram dictates what you can be running.. so if you're playing a demanding game, then that game will be using up all your memory, until you close it. when you close it your ram is free to do other stuff... usually when you're playing a demanding game you don't want to be doing a lot of other things at once..

would you be willing to put a computer together yourself?

willing? yes ..

but there's too many things holding me back. there's school, sports, my job, but mainly my total abscense of knowledge when it comes to things like computer terminology.. programs, anatomy etc.

also it seems like it'd be time consuming. and if it were to cost even more money, then i'm not even gonna keep that open as an option.

but if it's cheaper, and not all too hard to do (even though i wouldn't even know where to start building one) then yeah i'd give it a shot lol

well if you don't build it then you most likely have no choice other than dell.. and if you get dell, it will run your game, but you can NOT upgrade it if sometime in the future you decide to play a more advanced game. either way, with that budget you really can't do much.

and as far as difficulty of putting the comp together yourself... i'd say its easy. we would help you as to which parts to get and then all you have to do is stick em in.. not difficult at all. and it won't take long either.. the hardware part will take maybe an hour or 2 max. its the hadr drive formatting and OS isntallation that'll take quite a bit of time... also 2 or 3 hours..

if you're willing to put the computer together yourself, then yes! definitely worth it.

for ~$700 you could something like this...

nice aluminum case $44

seagate 250gb hard drive $86

asus mobo $80

eVGA 7600gt $179

fortron 450watt PSU $51

1gb 2X512 Gskill ram (ram prices change often.. so w/e is cheaper when you start buyin) $70

athlon 64 3000+ venice $111

total: $620.97 - $15mail in rebate = $605.97 + shipping.

so that would leave enough for you to buy a CRT monitor from a local store (buying crt monitors online is too expensive since they're so heavy you'll get killed in shipping.. just get a cheap one from a local store or a used one or something...)

you'd also have to get a mouse/keyboard/speakers, but those you can get for real cheap..

that should bring you to just about $700

thats a GREAT setup compared to the $300 budget.... you get a very nice video card and overall quality computer.

you also have to think about the OS....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom