Looking to build and here are my parts! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Looking to build and here are my parts!

So, I've been looking around the net for a decent PC build and I think I've finally come across one. Do understand that the purpose of this PC will be for gaming, as well as comfortably uploading and rendering videos for Youtube, as I make video game walkthroughs. Also, I'd -like- to be able to play most demanding games on the highest settings with little to no difficulty, as I've never had that experience before. The primary games I'd be looking to play on here are The Elder Scrolls VI: Skyrim (I don't think specs have been posted yet, but judging from the screenshots it will be pretty demanding), Star Wars: The Old Republic (I can scan to see if my PC will run that, which it should), Team Fortress 2 ( I play that quite a bit, but I really want to be able to commentate over videos while running Fraps or something), and those are the primary titles. I've loads of games on Steam, but I can easily check their specs for highest settings.

Understand that I've custom built this computer on cyberpowerpc, so if that site has any problems I should know about, just tell me. My instinct told me to go with Newegg but if the PC's are prebuilt on cyberpowerpc, then I'll go with that. Anyway, here are the parts I hope to obtain, along with the final price:

Case: Raidmax Blackstorm Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ 180MM Side-Panel Fan and One-Click Side Panel (Black Color)

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 925 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

Motherboard: [CrossFireX] ASUS M5A97 AMD 970 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3+ ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 2 PC

Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair Dominator)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

Power Supply 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Monitor: SAMSUNG 2333T High Glossy Black 23" Full HD
WideScreen LCD Monitor

Speakers: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer

Internal USB Ports: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Final Price: $947.98

Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord of Bacon
Default Re: Looking to build and here are my parts!

Cursory Google search of Cyberpower results in less than stellar customer reviews.
I do believe they come pre-built, though there is the question of if it will make it to your house in that condition.

Its a roll of the dice, I'm sure for every angry reviewer out there there is some happy customer who can't be bothered to post some positive feedback.

If you have the time, money, and desire, I would highly suggest building your own.
Not only can you customize every aspect, but if anything goes wrong you already know the machine inside and out. Also there is nothing quite like the sense of accomplishment that goes with building your own baby.

Please read through the thread thoroughly before responding.
Nobody wants to read a wall of text, formatting is your friend.

i5 3570k | 8GB G.Skill 1600MHz | R9 290 | SeaSonic 750X
Old 08-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

The only issue with building my own computer (if I were to include most every part with the cyberpowerpc build) is that it would be more expensive, even with shopping on Newegg and Tiger Direct. Considering I have no source of income at the moment, I'd prefer to stick to paying the amount posted and save up little by little until I either get a job or start back at school where I'll receive checks during Spring. It's really an issue with time -and- money, considering Skyrim releases in November and...yeah =/
Old 08-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've priced out cyberpowers vs u-builds and its quite comparable.

Thats not too bad for EVERYTHING. The gpu is alittle low, but not horrible. and the mobo is new, so if thats what you want, i can find no fault.

Have you looked at ibuypower?? Newegg supplies both ibuy vand ccyberpower.
Foldie = i7 950@ 4.0Ghz Gigabyte x58a-ud3r EVGA 970 SC Corsair H100 Corsair hx520 3x2gb OCZ Gold Corsair 650D
Woohoo = L5639 @3.1Ghz EVGA SR-2 gtx 260-216 Hyper 212+ Corsair 1050hx 6x2gb Corsair XMS3 Blackhawk Ulra
Alienware 18 - SLI 770M 4700mq 16Gig

Old 08-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well, the only reason I'm getting a good deal on cyberpowerpc is because the particular model I have checked out has free shipping. Whereas on ibuypower, it seems I'll have to deal with $89 shipping, which would put my price well over the 1k mark.
Closed Thread