Looking for a Brick & Morter in the New England Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyblue

Beta member
I know that most of you buy computer components online but I am only in the U.S. for a few days and I want to take some stuff back with me.

I see that Best Buy has a sale on a 1TB hard drive & I plan to pick up a couple of those; but I also need 2 mother boards, 2 CPU's, 2 power supplies, 1 80 gb HD, and maybe a basic case.

One main board and cpu is for a basic unit (POS system) and the other pair may be used to rebuild a 16 camera dvr system. If not a DVR system I'll probably build a backup system. The Hard drives are for the DVR system.

I've found Showtime Computer in New Hampshire. Are there any other Computer store worth checking out?

1TB as in one terrabyte? Thats a huge chunk of memory. I couldn't possibly imagine using that.

If you want computer stores I suppose you could check a phonebook.

A tb is easy to fill up I filled up 5tb out of my 6.75 on my server and that was within 9 months of use.....

With DVR if its work related can I recommend you use either raid1 or raid5 for data security and performance increase

you could order some stuff off of newegg and send it to one of the users here addresses, pick it up when you go to the US

Microcenter may be worth checking out, I think they'd have better deals than Best Buy.

Other than that buying online with rush shipping may be your best alternative.

showtime has an excelent selection of mobo's. thats really a good place to start. then hit up compusa in nashua nh. they have some stuff there. you can pick everything else up at showtime too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom