Looking for blueprints for gateway mfatxpnt ykt 500x - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Looking for blueprints for gateway mfatxpnt ykt 500x

The motherboard in my gateway mfatxpnt ykt 500x just died, and I have one I'm looking for to replace it (so my AGP video card, IDE hard drives/optical drives work, etc) but the case is proprietary gateway... so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any blueprints for it so I can see how to remove some of the panels, casing, etc and put in my new motherboard. Thanks! If you need more details, feel free to let me know!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: Looking for blueprints for gateway mfatxpnt ykt 500x

well IMO it would be well worth the investment to get a real case for $55. Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

would save you a lot of headaches. The one problem you could have is if gateway used a proprietary psu in their case that in not standard atx.

based on the searching I have done for the 500x it appears to be an atx psu.

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 :: INTEL i7 920 @3.4 :: XFX GTX260 :: 6gb Corsair 1600 :: Corsair 750TX :: TRUE 120 :: Samsung T240 24" :: Windows 7 X64

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 07-11-2009, 02:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Default Re: Looking for blueprints for gateway mfatxpnt ykt 500x

Pythonscript woudn't you be happier with a newer Gateway case that will allow you to add any microatx or normal size atx motherboard without the need of only using gateway mobo's ?
If you know where to look online such as ebay or any other computer store warehouses you could find a more recent or newer updated gateway case.
The one you have is good looking, but sadly it is hard to upgrade and aggrevating at times when fixing it up.

Also try looking into a newer motherboard, cpu, and ram.
I won't say intel or amd for you to choose because I don't want start world war 3 over here...
Closed Thread