looking around for a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

techiegmr

Beta member
hey guys i been looking aroudn for a month and yes i been to every website every company around there and some are cheaper than others but i want to balance it out with price and value and something thats good so i found these guys here http://www.digitalstormonline.com and im definitly thinking about getting the '» Twister ULTRA' the AMD one at the bottom

Component Outline:
» AMD Athlon X2 4600+ (Dual Core)
» Asus A8N-SLI Motherboard
» 1GB DDR400 PC3200 Memory
» 2x SLI (nVidia 7800 GTX 256MB)
» Western Digital 120GB Storage
» Sony 16X DVD-Rom
» Lite-On 16x +/- Format DVD Writer
» Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Regular Price: $3,665
Instant Rebate: $400
New Price: $3,265

thats waht they have on the site, i honestly think this all looks good any recommendations on parts or anything else guys before i go buy it?

Yeah, true, maybe i should just go with like a Twister PRO they offer thats good as well hmmmm

Well building is fine too but then I dont really have time you know I just want a good computer system thats reliable and has warranty and i get all the features like a restore dvd and the manual and stuff for like a little more not even that big of a difference if i build it by myself you know what i mean though?

Sort of, but the run-ons make it harder to understand. It would just be cheaper to build, you get the experience, the ability to fix it yourself, and you can make your own restore DVD. Plus all the parts come with manuals. But since you don't have time, forget it.

If you're going dual core go with the 4400+, it has a 2MB cache. I never heard of that company before. If you really have to buy from an online vendor look into overdrive PC.

www.ibuypower.com

IMO they have the best prices. You can get a great PC for under $2000, you basically build your own on the site, they build it and ship it. Check it out and you'll see what I mean.

Heres one I built really fast..

Case ( Nzxt Guardian ATX Mid-Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Silver )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Build-in USB 2.0 Ports )
Meter Display ( Thermal Temperature LCD Display Beige )
Power Supply ( Enermax EG565P 535 Watt Power Supply [SLI-Ready] )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Beige )
Processor ( [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 4000+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology )
Free Software/Game ( Free Half Life 2 Download Coupon Free Half Life 2 download coupon with purchase of AMD-64 based systems )
Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink + 2 Extra Color Lighting Case Fans )
Motherboard ( Asus A8N-SLI Premium nForce4-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair XMS w/ Heat Spreader )
Operation System ( MS Windows XP Home Edition w/Service Pack-2 )
Video Card ( [PCI-Express 16x] Nvidia Geforce 7800GT 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Hard Drive ( [Special !!!] 160 GB HARD DRIVES Western Digital 160 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA-100 2MB Cache Hard Drive )
IEEE-1394 Fire Wire Card ( None )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( 52x32x52 CD-RW Drive Silver )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Speaker System ( 600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )
Network Card ( 10/100 Network Onboard )
Keyboard ( PS/2 104 Key Windows 98 Keyboard Beige )
Mouse ( Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.1A USB Internet Mouse Beige )
Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty )
Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

TOTAL = $1517, and 3 year warranty, free shipping.

Here's the case
GuardianSilver.jpg

You can add to or downgrade a little to fit your price. I mean, look at that system?! Thats only for $1500. If you can spend $3000, ohhhh boy I could put together a lovely system on ibuypower. The vid card is only a gt, but it can be easily OC'd to gtx speeds. Or you can just add a gtx. You wanted dual core and such, but I don't think thats really necessary right now in time. You can get a fx-57 and pwn all games.

If you want me to put together a system for about $2000-3000 I'll build it and post to show you how good a deal it is. You can build dual cores also, I just didn't choose to in that setup above.

I really think ibuypower.com is the best site out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom