Look alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapow

Solid State Member
Upgrading computer, please help.

I decided to upgrade my computer a bit but I'm not the most computer savy person so I would appreciate your opinions on what I've found, if its all compatable and if the products are worth it.

Power- Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 500W Power Supply
Here

Video Card- eVGA e-Geforce 7600 GT KO PCI express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
Here

Processor- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.20GHz Socket AM2 Processor
Here

MotherBoard- Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
Here

Also is there a good website to buy ram from and a SATA HD would work with that mother board correct?

Thanks for helping.

It's all compatable.

The motherboard will support both SATA I and SATA II drives so if you have the cash go for the faster SATA II drives.

As far as websites go I have used newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, and will probably use zipzoomfly.com for my next order (come on payday). Of course you could also use pricegrabber.com to find the best price online, but buying from several different vendors might cost more in shipping and handling charges than what you will save on parts.

well zipzoomfly has awsome shipping, its FREE lolalthough it took a good week to get to my house. but thats okay. neweggs shipping is pricey BUT they mean buisiness when it comes to service. got my things within 2 days

Alright so looking for RAM is more complicated then I thought it would be, this is what I was thinking of getting though I'm not entirely sure that it would work with the mother board,
Here

It looks like its DDR2-800 which is what the motherboard says it uses, it also looks like its optimized for intel 955, will that be ok with the athlon processor I was thinking of getting?

I was lucky on pricegrabber and got almost all of them for free shipping, I can wait for it to come to save the money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom