A little help SSD

Kietcat

Beta member
Hello, I was looking around and found this forum! anyways, I've been experiencing very slow load up and just overall poor performance such as slow loading games (High demand games). It wasn't like this before. Then i realized my friend had installed Windows 8.1 On my SSD and having Windows 10 on my HD. Is there a way to Move windows 10 to the SSD and 8.1 to the HDD without having to reboot everything? or is it fine like this?
PS. Should i get a 2nd SSD?
My Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @3.50 GHz
Graphics card : GeForce GTZ 970
SSD : 111gb
HD 1TB

Hello, I was looking around and found this forum! anyways, I've been experiencing very slow load up and just overall poor performance such as slow loading games (High demand games). It wasn't like this before. Then i realized my friend had installed Windows 8.1 On my SSD and having Windows 10 on my HD. Is there a way to Move windows 10 to the SSD and 8.1 to the HDD without having to reboot everything? or is it fine like this?
PS. Should i get a 2nd SSD?
My Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @3.50 GHz
Graphics card : GeForce GTZ 970
SSD : 111gb
HD 1TB
PP brings up a good point. Sounds like the​ 8.1 is an accident but you want to keep it? Why? Note you could run one on the SSD, and run the other (for grins) in a VM. What OS would you prefer to keep?

No brainer - back up your personal data from both drives, wipe them both and reinstall the OS (Windows 10) fresh on your SSD and use your HDD just for storage. There's no real reason to be running Windows 8.1 alongside Windows 10.

Back
Top Bottom