level of difficulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam156

Solid State Member
im interested in building a computer for gaming but i also need to do school stuff (word, powerpoint, etc) on it. assuming i have all the parts, (i wish) how hard is it to actually put the thing together. i know a guy who charges 200 dollers if i supply the parts but i think thats a rip off. i have little knowledge about putting stuff together... also what tools do i need and how long will this project take?

it is easy, plenty of guides are on the internet and forums *hint hint*...

You will need:

Phillips head screwdriver
Flashlight
And a anti-static wrist band if you are full of static, since you are new to this...

If you cant get your hands on one, just make sure you work on a clean surface like a table and not on the floor. Also remember to touch the metal back of the computer to ground yourself, and leave components in their static bags until needed.

nah, when you're starting off from scratch, it's more like an 8/10. But if you have some decent PC knowledge, then it's maybe a 1 or 2/10 in terms of difficulty. If you can, try and find an old pc that works, take it apart and observe all the components, then try and put it back together and see if it works. That's how I started off..

I just did some basic research and built mine from no prior building knowledge. It really didnt take me that long either. I also have a screwless case, so I didn't need a screwdriver which probably saved me some time. It really isnt hard, for me it was like a 4/10. Just make sure you have the regular windows98 CD, and an windows Upgrade XP CD when installing windows. I built mine last month on the 20th btw.

edit: 200 bucks? wooow, that is the biggest f'n bs i've ever seen LOL. just do some research online, use the search engine on tech-forums, and you'll probably find some good stuff. Plus, its always cool to know you build the computer yourself:cool:

I found that taking my pc apart was harder than putting it back together. I completely destroyed my floppy drive when taking it out. Dont ask me how.

lol yeah, i still have my old hp, i took it apart.. and when i try to turn it on now, it says no windows is installed on it anymore? so i just put it in my closet to rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom