Lenovo Z61m - anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyper

Baseband Member
I'm in the market for a new laptop...

I happened to be in Staples tonight getting something, and saw this laptop on sale for $999.

Staples.com®. that was easy®.

I'm a huge fan of thinkpads. Anyone have any experience with this one? It's slightly heavier than I wanted because I had planned on staying with a 14.1" display.

Anyone?

its a good laptop, but all in all its performance on Vista will well.... stink, its only got I gig of RAM, and even though its video card supports Aero, its an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, integrated not discrete, and 1 gb of RAM on Vista is pretty bad as it is, i recommend u get it and erase vista or if u want vista buy an extra gig of RAM

I'll wind up upgrading the ram to 2g myself and most likely installing XP Pro. I'll use it for work occasionally, and we have found that some of our software doesn't like Vista. I had Vista for 2 weeks on my desktop and removed it. Not really a big fan, but it will improve with time I'm sure.

I think I've narrowed it down to this thinkpad or a Latitude D620. Our Dell Rep is sending me a quote on one Monday...

i personally use the Dell Latitude D620, it got hacked on my wifi connection :( but its a good laptop and it has a better processor

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

its good but it only has XP Home, so choose Pro and it has a better CPU for $100 dollars less (and it looks cooler!!!!!!!) and ur still 100$ below than that Lenovo which u could probably get easily get a 120 gig or something but only 512 MB Ram isn't good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom