Legal stuff with computer building

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
I just build a computer for a friend on mine's brother, and now I'm thinkin' of building one, then selling it over the internet.
But my dad brought up a good point. If the machine is somehow faulty, and completely breaks down, is there anything I can do to protect myself legally? I don't want to offer a warranty or anything, and would tell people that if something failed, they'd have to follow up on the part's individual warranty.
Anyone have any good setups for a cheap build that might sell well? I was thinking of a 3200+, 6600/GT, 512MB memory, and 120GB hard drive.

I've sold a couple of build like that and I make sure I state in the sale that this item does indeed work but I am not held responsible for any damages due to shipping and the item will be sold as is. I usually show some screen shots of the system up and running with a CPUZ shot as well...

Cool, im thinking about doing this myself. But can i be held responsible if im fixing a persons computer. And it ends up crappin out at a later date? Or can i do the disclaimer and agree to terms of service.

Also, id like to repair computers, so i can get some experince, and have a summer job to do. Since no one in my area wants to hire a 15 year old. And im quite proficient in computer building physically. Its the software part i suck at.

i dont think if it dies later u can be held responcible
i mean anyone buying on ebay and things like that just expect it to be a bargain (not that it always is)(just alwas made out to be) then as long as it is working wen u sell it and wen they gt it itis ther problem from ther on
unless your offering a warranty of course (not reccommended)
also use small writing and big pics

I feel like id be shafting people. But hey, its the capitalistic way. And the fact that its a dog eat dog world out there.

Ive been sold faulty mobos and processors that were adevertised as new. Never got my money back. : |

any way itrs not as if ure sellin em faulty stuff on purpose (if u r) so u shouldnt feel guilty if occasionally somting u sell goes dud too quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom