Legacy Mobo - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Benevolent Cake Despot
Default Legacy Mobo

EDIT: BAH! Nevermind, you guys are too slow to respond, I decided to do some research and I've discovered that I'd need to get a socket 478 motherboard. Thanks for, err, no help, lol. oh, and 478 isn't legacy, it's just crap, lol. Nice.

Well, I'm looking for a mobo, new or used, that would be compatible with my super crappy P4 chip. The mobo I currently have is an oem, AsusTeK P4B-LA. There are many disadvantages that are setting me back with this mobo. For one thing, I only have AGP x4, and I'm waisting my overclocked 9600XT's AGP x8 abilities. Another big issue that I have is that it only supports PC133 memory!! Plus, I can't overclock cpu in anyway. If you can't think up of an exact model, at least tell me what TYPE of mobo. Here's what I'm looking for then:

+Compatible with the current P4 Chip that I have now (I posted a CPU-Z screenie below)

+AGP x8

+Supports at least PC2700 memory

+And has cpu-overclocking abilities

Here's my CPU-Z screenies:

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
|Intel Q6600 | 2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers | XFX 8800GTS 512 | Gigabyte P35-DS3L | Antec 900 | Antec Neo 500 HE |
Closed Thread