LED Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam123

In Runtime
Just a quick question. I'm building my PC, and my case comes with some LED fans. Theres a side window on the case though. I'm going to have in my room, and i like to keep my computer on most of the time. so i was wondering if theres any type of a switch you can make or buy to just turn the LED's on at a specific time without shutting off the computer.

Thanks

Mandingo said:
Just think of it as a night light...A big humming night light.

HaHa!!! That's funny since my computer's been down for two nights and i couldnt get to sleep without hearing it. It was too quiet in my room.

Adam - Most fans with leds on them are contolled by one line of power in so unless there is a seperate power source for the LEDs (two hot wires into the fan) and a way to put a switch on that second line then there's no way to put a switch. Although with some fan controllers you can turn the whole fan off which in some cases (mine) would be bad for cooling.

Hahah alright, thanks for the posts, I'll probably just suck it up and take the "big humming nightlight" hahaha.

Thanks

i think that it is possible, on my Akasa 120mm blue LED fan there is a yellow strip of paper-rubber-stuff under that there is what looks like two sepatate cables for the LEDs.
cut one of thes,peel away from the one next to it, strip the insulation, find a push button switch, solder, tape with insulating tap, done.

all of this seems a little much but the result should be exactly what you want ,(i think).:)

of course it's possible. A simple switch between the power and fans is all it takes. That's a breeze. get a cool lookin switch from your local o'reilly's or autozone, or what have you.

Ryan

I like KMOTE's plan. But Ryan, putting a switch between the power and the fan would turn off the fan, which i dont want. haha. Just the light.

So yeah, I might give it a go, its not like fans are super expensive anyways.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom