**LCD Monitor Overdrive Feature??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviator

Baseband Member
Ive recently purchased a 2ms ASUS VK222U and in the monitor's menu theres an option to increase "Overdrive" what exactly is it? It can go from 0-100 Should i use it? leave It on defualt(60)? Its not the refresh rate btw

Also if someone could tell me what DDC/CI stands for and what it does thatd be great, the only to options for this is either "On or Off"

DDC/CI, or, Display Data Channel/Command Interface allows you to change monitor settings through your o/s, or that's what I've gathered through a few quick google searches. I would leave it off, because after I've messed with my monitor, I usually never touch the controls for it again for a loooong while.

As for overdrive, your monitor didn't come with a manual? I'd check out ASUS' website, wait, ASUS make monitors now?!?!

DDC/CI, or, Display Data Channel/Command Interface allows you to change monitor settings through your o/s, or that's what I've gathered through a few quick google searches. I would leave it off, because after I've messed with my monitor, I usually never touch the controls for it again for a loooong while.

As for overdrive, your monitor didn't come with a manual? I'd check out ASUS' website, wait, ASUS make monitors now?!?!

Lol yeap, the only thing bad about asus is that they didnt have any information about the monitor's menu and what everything does, thats why im here.

More googling gave me this, taken from a poster on Guru3D forums:

"Overdrive has to do with making the pixels go on and off faster i think to eliminate ghosting. If you don't see any ghosting now, no need to change it. (open paint, make a big black image and move your pointer around. If you don't see any ghost like trails no need to change it)

In essence, it's what makes your monitor run 2ms as opposed to 5ms."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom