LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philly30

Solid State Member
I am looking to buy a 19inch LCD monitor or 17 and the smallest but i have a problem, basically it is a webstie viewing question. the native resolution is 1280*1024 on all i have seen, doesn't this make most websites seem very small, for example, yahoo.com(the regular site not the new one being tested) when viewing in 800*600 it takes up the enitre screen but when viewing in 1024*768 it shrinks noticeably, there is empty space on the sides, doesn't going to even higher resolution shrink it even more? i am not talking about text size at all i know that can be adjusted, but how is the issue i mentioned resolved for websites, i hear changing from the native resolution on LCDs is not good to do because it makes picture quality poor

Well I have a 17-inch LCD display, and I just went to Yahoo, and there are blank white spaces (about 2.5 inches on each side), but it doesn't look small at all. You don't really notice the white space unless you are looking for it.

Moral of the story: whatever the native resolution is on your monitor, go with that. Websites look fine.

=)

Did you go to the new yahoo site that is being tested or the old one? there is a big difference between the two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom