Which LCD LED screen to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilias

Beta member
hi,

The price being not an issue, I was wondering if you could tell me what is the best monitor as they really look alike:

ViewSonic VX2450wm
or
ASUS VE247H

They are at:
Newegg.ca - ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED Black 23.6" 5ms Widescreen LED Backlight LCD monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20,000,000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers or Buy the ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6 Widescreen LCD Monito at TigerDirect.ca
and :
Newegg.ca - ASUS VE247H Black 23.6" 2ms Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Speakers 300 cd/m2 10,000,000:1 (ASCR)

I see the main differences are:
ViewSonic VX2450wm: 5ms, dvi and vga only, sound 2x2.5w, slimer, it looks like the ratings are a little bit better on amazon.com

ASUS VE247H: 2ms, dvi vga and hdmi, sound 2x1w, a little larger.

I really don't know if there is any palpable difference, or if there are better screen in this price range. I'm looking for a 22in or 24in LED backlit sub 200$.

thank you very much.

kind regards,

The Asus has a 2ms response time and the ViewSonic has a 5ms response time meaning the asus is the faster screen. They're both 1080p so they are the same screen just about. The price tag and the contrast ratio are the only differences. I would go with the Asus, faster and more reliable (not to mention also cheaper). The contrast ratio really won't make that much of a difference when your staring at a beautiful crystal clear 1080p screen ;)

hey thanks for the answers! :) I'm afraid I'll need to wait a little before buying a screen as I'm traveling soon and I don't know how long it takes for Newegg to ship.

I was just wondering if there is any actual difference of perception between a response time of 2ms vs 5ms, I mean that's already pretty fast for both to avoid ghosting, no?

thanks again!

The Asus has a 2ms response time and the ViewSonic has a 5ms response time meaning the asus is the faster screen.
Each manufacturer measures their response time in different ways, so unfortunately they aren't comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom