Large Quantities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't buy bulk from Dell, but my laptop (now my mom's) that I got back in 2007, still works. Well, other than the wireless card crapping out. But getting a new one and swapping it out was easy.

Who ever has had great experiences with dell either
1) Is lucky
2) Treated it great, fixing when needing to be fixed. (We have teenage kids using ours, but that should only account for software failures for the most part. That's not our issue)
or
3) Are brainwashed

That's my opinion.

Dell's are honestly junk now.
They are the biggest reason I would never buy an Alienware computer.

2) Treated it great, fixing when needing to be fixed.
If you are going to put money into anything why would you not treat it great and fix any issues that arise.

Dell was amazing in the late 90s/early 2000s and maybe they've been coasting off that rep.
Thankfully my 4yr old Dell has had 0 issues the whole time I've had it.

How many computers are you looking to get? Honestly you might be best off letting different companies bid on who gets to supply the district and going with the best deal.

Side note, both of the colleges I attended used Dell, so they must be doing something right.

If you are going to put money into anything why would you not treat it great and fix any issues that arise.

Dell was amazing in the late 90s/early 2000s and maybe they've been coasting off that rep.
Thankfully my 4yr old Dell has had 0 issues the whole time I've had it.

How many computers are you looking to get? Honestly you might be best off letting different companies bid on who gets to supply the district and going with the best deal.

Side note, both of the colleges I attended used Dell, so they must be doing something right.

It's students that are using them, so we can't really help how they treat them.
And as far as fixing every issue, we have 5 schools full of computers so yeah :\ It's hectic trying to keep up.

They aren't doing too much right, they just rise off the reputation.
People that don't know just assume that Dell is awesome.

And Mac's are not an option. It would mean learning the new environment completely and finding new software for everything we use.

It's students that are using them, so we can't really help how they treat them.
And as far as fixing every issue, we have 5 schools full of computers so yeah :\ It's hectic trying to keep up.

They aren't doing too much right, they just rise off the reputation.
People that don't know just assume that Dell is awesome.

And Mac's are not an option. It would mean learning the new environment completely and finding new software for everything we use.

Every Mac comes with Bootcamp. And I know schools can buy windows at a greatly reduced price making using Mac no different than using any other PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom