Laptop VS Desktop? Apple VS Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicarius

Baseband Member
Allright, I need to make a decision concerning computers. I need to decide whether or not to get a laptop or a desktop, and Apple or Windows. I also need to decide where to get a computer from, custom or pre-built, build my own, etc. Can anyone offer some advice?
I probably wouldn't use a laptop for portability, unless I didn't have one, then I'd need one.

If you werent using a laptop for portability, DONT get a laptop. That is the only thing that would be worth getting one. And another reason is a desktop will be about 2x the performance for the same price of a laptop.

Is this for a main computer? Work computer?

And you need to factor in linux.

What are you doing with this machine?

My first thought is desktop - windows, but it depends on so much of what you are going to do with your computer. And from the sounds of it, you're probably going to want prebuilt.

If your going to game and you have a budget, 1000 or less. I would go with a desktop seeing you can get a awesome gaming computer which could max out any game for 1000. Rather then spending 1500-2000 on a laptop...

unless you have $3000-$4000 for a laptop that could do what you want, a desktop for less than $1000 would be perfect.

Mentali$T said:
Then dont even think about getting a laptop. a dekstop will be much better.

Even though you could get basically everything you want in a laptop for. 7900GTX, X2 4800+, 2GB's of ram, raid 0 :D

yeah but those are mad expensive.

get a desktop, specificaly, build ur own. whats ur budget?

I would Recomend a Desktop PC windows based. Unless you plan on doing alot of video editing then go for Apple OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom