Which Laptop should I Buy?

garvit

Solid State Member
OK, I am confused between two Laptops, ASUS and HP.

The Configurations are compared on this page: HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics vs Asus K53SD-SX809D / 2nd Gen Ci3/ 4 GB/ 500 GB/ 2GB Graphics/ Free DOS: Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

Please tell me which one has a stronger processor. I mean what is the difference between them, considering the number of cores, cache memories etc.

Also does the memory of graphics card matter more or the GPU. Because anyways the 4GB of RAM would be able to give a vast total graphics memory (Shared + Dedicated)

Thank You :)

( I need the Laptop for normal gaming, multitasking and editing. Given the approximate same price, which one should I go with and why...)

If you are using programs that actually make use of all 4 cores on the a8, then the a8 will be faster. on most programs, however, they will run about the same. If you are to play games like bf3 and skyrim, you will want to buy the hp pavilian, because it has a much better gpu. on the asus you would average about 25 fps on skyrim's low settings, and even less for bf3. the hp would be able to run skyrim on med. and bf3 on low.

When you're talking about gpu's that slow, more vRAM won't make a difference. That being said, the amount of gaming you will do on either will be minimal. I would go with the Asus, because the i3 (in most cases) is a better processor (though in day to day tasks the difference between the AMD and Intel will be negligible.) Not to mention HP has a bad quality track record as of late. But if you didn't notice, the Asus does NOT have Windows 7 on it.

This is exactly my concern. How do I determine which processor will work better with the software? How do I know if a program is using all the cores of a processor. Further how do I make it use them.

Additionally, which would be better. 2 Programs using 2 processor cores each or 2 Programs, each using 1 core alone?
(Further, I am not much in for a hardcore gaming. Much Satisfied if Most Wanted and Counter Strike run smooth.) :p

Back
Top Bottom