Laptop Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Man

Beta member
Looking for a laptop but I'm a bit restricted on my budget. I've got one customized at hp.com that has:

Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2400 (1.83 GHz)
256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7600
1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x512MB
17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Widescreen (1680x1050)
100 GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

I'm wanting a laptop primarily for entertaining purposes but I would also like to do some gaming if I can find a laptop within my budget (about $1500). Any input or further questions appreciated, Thanks.

Hi Duck Man,

I have to say you found yourself a good deal there! But with a little patients you can get that laptop cheaper or upgrade for around the same price as your current selection.

Why?

Well on June 27th Intel released the Core 2 Duo, which is an upgrade of the standard Core Duo which you have listed as your processor. Well in about a months time, after they release the Core 2 Duo Mobile, the Core Duo will drastically decrease in price, making your purchase much cheaper.

Now I am guessing you are build a gaming laptop from what I can see in your current specs. I would like to make it clear to you that gaming will only use one of the cores seeing it is a single thread application. Now unless you plan on doing multi-application usage while gaming or photo editing, then I would recommend a higher frequency single core processor.

Let me know what you decided and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom