Laptop Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckoeppel

Beta member
Hello,

I am new to this forum and was hoping to get some recommendations for a powerful, yet not too expensive, laptop with Vista installed. I worked for The Dirksen Congressional Center and we currently use Dell Optiplex desktops running on Windows XP Professional. They have worked well for us since 2001, but it's time to upgrade and move away from desktops. Also, I am not so certain we need to stick with Dell unless someone has experienced using an exceptional Dell laptop.

Does anyone have a recommendation for us to consider?

Thanks in advance.

Cindy Koeppel
The Dirksen Congressional Center

You want to move everyone to Vista? You're either very brave or very... Well, good luck to ya.

Dell's lappys are pretty good, but then Dell doesn't make them. :D If you are ordering several, you can probably get them to leave all of their crapware off of them.

I had my run-in with Vista this weekend. Before you take the plunge, look into ALL of your compatibility issues... printer drivers, software compatibility, hardware requirements. Vista is beautiful, but it was released about six months too soon. :(

Thanks, Trotter, for your response. I am VERY uncomfortable with moving to VISTA so soon. My boss is one that has to have all the new bells and whistles NOW. I have taken your comments into consideration and believe I will try to push this upgrade aside for a few more months. I don't know, VISTA just plain scares me!

Take care.

Cindy

I'm advising people to give it a few months... let Micro$oft crank out the first service pack and let the printer manufacturers get some drivers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom