Laptop Processor upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Hi Everybody,
I was waondering, is it possible to upgrade my Compaq Armada E500 processor? The 550mhz is getting really slow especially for win XP so an upgrade would really help. Anyone know if this is possible?
Thanks

it is probably possible, but it is going to be very very hard. It would be just as easy and cheap to buy a new one, they are only like $300 nowadays

If you never opened a labtop I wouldn't recommend trying to update it yourself however if you know somebody in town let them do it for you also if your processor is at 550mhz and is a P3 at 100mhz FSB or 133mhz FSB you can probably reach up to 733mhz or 800mhz. also get some 512mb of ram for you labtop your noteboook will run smoother and windows xp won't crash so much or lock up when doing medium hard work.

I think is better to buy a New labtop since tat the prices of it is quite cheap now....Cuz if u upgrade it, it will not be worth to be upgraded cuz the processor are also costly and processor price take up 1/3 for ur computer so buy a new one instade....And also u muz ask a expret in doing labtop so tat if u upgrade ur new processor will not crash with ur mainboard..And also if u upgrade ur processor u will also going to upgrade ur RAm and so the cost is closing to a new Pc so It better to buy a new one..

The processors for this particular laptop are fixed onto the motherboard (i used to own one). To get an upgade you'd have to buy a new mobo/proc combo and install it, which is more trouble than it's worth if you're not familiar with servicing laptops. I'd also recommend just buying a new laptop.
For windows xp to run tolerably you'd need about 512mb, that's the limit of what yours can take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom