Laptop manufacturers that don't come preloaded with software/os?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitesoldier

In Runtime
I'm in the market for purchasing a laptop. I was browsing on ebay looking at new, factory sealed laptops and I noticed that ALL of them have microsoft XP pre-installed! The thing is, I don't want Xp or any other microsoft product for that matter of fact. I'm planning on using linux and various other open source software (im using this laptop for school). I also do not have much money to throw around ($600 budget for this laptop) and thought it would be nice to save a few hundred dollars by getting the laptop with no software on it.

Does anyone know any manufacturers that sell affordable priced laptops with either linux installed or no os installed?

Thanks =)

I'm not aware of many manufacturers that will ship laptops without an OS. Desktops, sure, but not laptops. I think that Monarch Computers allows for the installation of XP, Fedora Linux, or no OS on their laptops, maybe check that out.

Dang it, someone needs to start a company that gives people exactly what they want instead of shoving all this useless software in our faces *shakes fist at microsoft*!

You look at IBM/Lenovo? you can customize your order pretty good with them, give them a call.

a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom