Laptop CPU swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Ive had a search and i cant find a direct comparison. At the moment i have a toshiba laptop, my girlfriends laptop has just died so im butchering it for parts to sell on ebay and like the look of it's cpu to upgrade mine. Im just not sure if there is much difference, or whether its worth pulling mine to part to fit it.

the specs are
my pentium dual core
her core 2 duo

My cpu is slightly faster, but hers has more cache and a higher fsb. both are based on the merom-2m core from what i can gather. If i fit hers, ill also fit the 667mhz memory instead of my 553mhz to keep it the same, both are 2 gig dual channel.

i do know what im doing inside a laptop so its not like ill break it by changing it.

Should i swap them or shouldnt I?

I think you could but is it worth the effort though, from the 2 links the differances are the speed (yours is faster), the other has a higher FSB and more cache but would it be worth ripping your lappy to bits just for them 2 slight gains.

if there is any gains they will not be noticable, you would lose with the speed differance but made it up with the FSB and Cache

now after all that ( just get to the point steveie :crazy:) i personally wouldent bother, it would seem more hassall then it is worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom