Laptop Choices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleman

Baseband Member
hi, I'm buying my first laptop notebook and i see it for gaming.

I'm looking for a PC that i can play WoW and CS:S, but also can handle upcoming games for 2007.

My budget is around $2000 and here is what i would like:

2gigs of DDR2 ram
GPU >=x1700 or Geforce go 7600
Core 2 Duo ~2.0Ghz
HD= 80-160g is fine

this is the laptop i have in mind
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834220099

it has everything i want except i kind of want a little bit more beefy graphics card.

if i have to i can push my budget to $2500.

Anybody know ASUS well? whats a good brand thats reliable and for gaming?

First off, Asus is a great laptop brand. Can't go wrong with them. The G1 and G2's are some of the best if not the best gaming laptops for under $2000. I don't know what screen size you would prefer but I would get the G1 (15-inch) since the go7700 is slightly better then the x1700. It is also much more portable (you won't want to carry around the 17-inch G2 much) although if you're going to keep it inside, that won't be a problem.

You should look at www.notebookreview.com . It is probably the best source of information for laptops and there are reviews on pretty much every laptop in existence.

Gaming with laptops is a pain in the a**, mainly because they arent upgradeable like desktops. That laptop will last about a year, because dx10 is coming out soon and the geforce 7 series does not support it. I would hate to spend that much money on a high end laptop and not even be able to play new games on it because the graphics card wont support it.

k

i ended up buying a Dell XPS m1710

since its not my money, the price didn't matter much =)

final product in my sig

here you go http://www.alienware.com/product_de...ysCode=PC-LT-AREA51M5790&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT. I got the 5750 model and the only difference is this one has more upgrade options. I would only upgrade the processor to 2.16ghz. The video card in there, x1800, is awesome. I play all game currently out on max settings and full anti aliasing and still get 200 or more fps in my games. Most games ive ever had running at once were 4 games, spearhead, nfs carbon, cod2, flat out 2. Not even 1 studder going from game to game. This laptop is worth every penny and its upgradable as well. hd, memory, video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom