Laptop AC adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewjustforyou

In Runtime
LONG STORY SHORT BELOW THE DOTTED LINE.

hey guys, limited life left (in the computer), my power adapter, well, the cable broke, and i dont feel like soldering it because my cats like to chew cables (i have a feeling that is how it broke in the first place, thank god it wasnt plugged in, ala Christmas Vacation).

this is my notebook:

HP Pavilion dv4307cl Notebook PC 

(hp pavilion dv4307cl)

this is the power adapter it came with:

Buy HP 65W AC Adapter direct from the HP Home & Home Office Store

(65 watt AC adapter)

my brother ALSO has a problem with his power cable, he got his laptop and quickly defected it, so we decided to look up a power cable for him at the same time (he runs a dv8000 i believe)

it came with:

Buy HP 90W AC Adapter direct from the HP Home & Home Office Store

(90watt ac power adapter)

i read the compatibility list, and my family (dv4000) appeared under the 90w power supply, and his family (dv8000 i think) appeared under the 65w compatibility list.

called my mom up (shes an electrical engineer) and she says the only difference is how quickly they will charge your computer, but she graduated college quite a while ago (70s) and, no offense to her, but i question her knowledge in laptops (me being the one who maintains hers when it breaks down (**** hour long drive) which seems to happen more and more often)

90w ac adapters seem to be more often in stock then 65w, and itd be great if i could just buy one of those, but i dont want to risk damaging my battery/computer.

--------------------------------
what do you guys think? 90w power adapter safe to use on a computer that came with a 65w power adapter? (as it is compatible on the websites i linked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom