LaCie hard drives, fragile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

william wizz

Beta member
After posting a thread on which external 500gb hard drive to buy I decided to go with the LaCie 500gb external hard drive designed by F.A Porsche (which I really couldn't care about less) I was just about to buy one before i stumbled upon this review:

"I Had This Product For A Matter Of Months.
It Feel Less Than A Foot And Was Damaged So Badly It Was Unrepearable.

Both Mechanism And Memory Storage Were Damaged Too Badly.

All Shops Have Told Me To Stay Clear Of LACIE Products.
There Is No Protection AT ALL in Them !!!"

Now I don't expect any external hard drive to survive even the smallest drop, but this guy said all the shops have told him to "stay clear of LaCie products"

Does anyone else know about this, or agree with this persons review?
Generally how is LaCie hardware?

Dont know about La Cie hardware... But what is do know is that you should never trust online shop reviews. Most people who make them are just n00bs really, and making a judgement after looking at just one review is a foolish move.

I only know of Lacie's reputation to make external enclosures, with a huge capacity. I never knew of their quality. But if you want quality, it's recommended that you go with either Seagate or Western Digital.

Well I'll tell you that at my work we've got 2 2TB Rack-Mounted NAS, and they work pretty darn well.

But that's a completely differnet story than an External HD.

I have heard that the Porsche designed ones are worse quality than the rest of the LaCie products. I have no experience with them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom