Keeping an Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpellSword

Solid State Member
Do I need to mount a fan on an Intel Core 2 Dou E6850 CPU, or does it not require one to keep cool?

And, how cool do I have to keep this thing to prevent it getting damaged?

CPUs run a lot hotter then they used to. :shocked:

All current desktop processors require a heatsink (and usually a fan) to keep themselves cool.

If you bought a retail package of the processor, it should come with one. If you bought it OEM, then you might need to buy your own.

The Tuniq Tower 120 is usually recommended for quad cores around here, however, since you're just on a dual core you could easily get away with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro which is still an excellent heatsink & fan.

You have to work pretty hard to damage an Intel processor now days. If they start running too hot they throttle themselves so they don't blow up. Even if you were to remove the heatsink during an intense gaming session so it went from dissipating lots of heat to not being able to dissipate any, it would still likely survive.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help aetherh4cker, I'll definitely be investing in an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro to cool my chip.

I have the Arctic Cooling freezer 64 pro , which is the AMD version, but it works real well, I'd definitely go with it, plus its affordable. I'm sure the intel version is just as good as AMD version, if not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom