Just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin_Broke

Banned
I have found two older video cards and I was wondering overall which would be better. I would assume that AGP is alot better and faster transfer rate so I would think that the Intel740 video card is alot better even though the GPU is older than Radeon 7200. These are around 10 years old cards so please don't compair them to moderen cards.

Intel740 AGP 2X

ATI Radeon 7200 PCI

So even the bus is alot slower on the Radeon 7200 that I have it will still perform alot better than an Intel740 that is AGP 2X?

What I basicly thought was that any AGP cards will beat PCI cards since like AGP 2X is 533 MBps and PCI cards are 133 MBps. There is a difference you know. If the Intel740 had AGP 8X then that would even be faster and better than Radeon 7200PCI right?

By the way my PCI Radeon 7200 has 32mb not 64mb.

If my Radeon 7200 was AGP then the Radeon 7200 will be better but since mine is PCI I think the Intel740 AGP is better.

you're comparing their performance based on the transfer speeds of the expansion slots they were made for, which just doesn't seem like an accurate way to compare them.

look at T-F's gpu list.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/graphics-performance-list-212331/

the intel is ranked #196, the 7200 is ranked #176, that's probably as accurate of a comparison as you're going to find.

there you go, the 7200 wins, just like Hefe had already mentioned.

and even if you got them for free, both are fossils by even the standards of a few years ago, so even if one is "better" than the other, they're both crappy cards at the end of the day.

Woo that was a perfect site telling everything I need. It shows the cards in order great. :)

But I guess it won't tell how many watts do you at least need to power them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom