Just a queiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovethisworld

Beta member
Umm, i am somewhat new to this so here goes.
I love computers and i know my way well around all basic features with limited knowledge on extra features. I have a small question, if anyone is willing to help.
I currently own a brand new, top of the range desktop computer, I also have a laptop, but my family shares this and before you jump to any conclusions, it is annoying to use and does not fix my problem.
Well...now, with my desktop, it is in one of the most public places of the house and i really hate it when somebody i am living with is behind me, for any reason, it just makes me conscious of whether they are looking over my shoulder...i know, its weird. I would love to have a desktop in by bedroom but i cannot for two reasons. After purchasing this computer as a household, I do not have the money to buy a new one and my bedroom does not have the room for a desk and computer. I would love a computer in my bedroom so my question is, is there any way of running a second screen off my desktop so i have a screen, keyboard and mouse in my bedroom, and if possible, be able to use both at once?
I know, its stupid, but in my naivety, solving this problem would make my life so much easier.
Thank you for listening and if you end up replying to this forum, thank you as well.

First thing that springs to mind is a thin client.

It will require another computer, of course, but it doesn't have to be top of the line; my dad and I once set up a whole lab of Pentium II thin client machines, and since they completely relied on the server machine, very little system processes were used.
Thin clients are just remote computing, in essence. You run everything off the host computer, which requires very little system processes. And since you log into the computer using a different name, someone can still be sitting at the main computer and use it (provided you have enough RAM and a fast enough processor). Like I said, it requires another computer, but if you can get an old PII or PIII cheap, it won't matter.

At the moment, that's the only logical solution I can think of.

Thank you so much...
Just one more thing, when you say another computer do you mean another tower, or can i get away with just one monitor?
Sorry, i think i sound dumb, i have never done anything like this before. LOL.
Thanks Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom