Just ordered supplies for first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Case - Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Astro ATX-268WB Black 0.7mm Japanese SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Case Fans - Newegg.com - Rosewill RFA80L-B 80mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail
Motherboard - Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Powersupply - Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 ATX12V v2.01 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, UL, TUV, FCC - Retail
CPU - Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
Memory - Newegg.com - WINTEC AMPO 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda ATA133 200gb
Optical - Samsung DVD/CD-RW Combo IDE
Video - PCI FX5200 or Onboard Geforce 7025

Got a few questions, Which would perform better, the pci fx5200 or the onboard 7025? Ive herd alot about first timers having problems with motherboard shorting out from mounting screws, any input on that please?
All in all what do you think of the build for first time? Nothing special or expensive or anything.

spikoman69 said:
Got a few questions, Which would perform better, the pci fx5200 or the onboard 7025? Ive herd alot about first timers having problems with motherboard shorting out from mounting screws, any input on that please?
All in all what do you think of the build for first time? Nothing special or expensive or anything.

Agreed with 900RR. A graphic card always better than onboard.

About the mounting screws. You're talking about the stand-offs. You need them screwed in the motherboard tray holes, before you mount the motherboard. So the motherboard will be mounted and screwed, on to the stand-offs. Without the stand-off screws, your motherboard will short, and your computer will not start.

Overall, I think it's pretty decent, basic rig, for general use. If that's all you're going to be using it for.

Got a few questions, Which would perform better, the pci fx5200 or the onboard 7025?

The onboard performs better

But this doesn't change the fact that those video card are horrible for gaming unless you are playing older games

I was just seeing to decide if i should use my current fx5200, or get rid of it with my old pc and use the onboard. The only games i play right now are like circa 2004-2003. I will test both cards out on different progs like a few games and dvd playback etc. and go with whatever one outperforms the other.

I gotta agree with maroon... the 7025 will spank the FX5200 like a three year old in K-Mart's parking lot. Even using the system's own memory it would stomp it with sheer processing power.

I gotta agree with maroon... the 7025 will spank the FX5200 like a three year old in K-Mart's parking lot.

The 7025 would beat down the fx5200 like a sick dog (wanted a go at it, I've got lots up my sleeve but thats my favorite). But anyways, yeah, I have the same board, actually my build is almost identical to yours, and it has very good onboard graphics for light gaming. If you can spare $30 or so get the 4600+:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

and get a Thermaltake:
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU ATX 12V 2.0 500W Power Supply 115/ 230 V UL, CUL, TUV, FCC, and CB certification - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom