Just an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Sorry if I ask for help what can i say I am a newb. Well I am gonna repeat something I have twice but please lol dont get mad.

Ok so my computer is a

HP Pavilion Slimline s3242x PC
AMD ANTHLON 64 x2 Dual Core Processer 4000+
*Just Placed ORDER* HIS ATI RADEON 4670 HD IceQ
320 GB Hard Drive

Ok here's the question I am not very good at reading game specifications so can u just give an opinion if my card can run this game I have seen many graphics card effects on this card like u can max out setting on cod 4 and stuff like that it's just this a game i like a lot (SilkRoad) and I need to know if my comp will run well, sorry.

Pentium 3 800MHz or higher Pentium 4 2.4GHz or higher
RAM 256MB 512MB
VGA 3D speed over GeForce2 or ATI 9000 3D speed over GeForce FX 5600 or ATI9500
SOUND DirectX 9.0c Compatibility card DirectX 9.0c Compatibility card
HDD 4GB or higher(including swap and temporary file) 4GB or higher(including swap and temporary file)
OS Windows 2000, XP, Vista Windows 2000, XP, Vista

One question about the graphics card. I just placed an order today on the HIS HD 4670 IceQ and uh it brings the driver discs to download and everything.. my question- when I take out my old card and put in new card and downlaod drivers for new card does the computer automatically configures to it or is there another step?

It'll will run it fine, just like we said in your other thread about getting the video card. It's not that hard to figure out the requirements.

Your CPU is a dual core 2.1ghz, which is much better than a P4 2.4ghz.
You have 1gb of RAM, which is more than 512mb.
You'll be getting a 4670, which is years ahead of the 9500 or FX series.
Sound is whatever, DirectX 9.0 is supported by all new cards.
You have 4gb of free space on your HDD, I hope.
And you're running XP, right?

Merged your other thread with this one. Please try to keep related questions in a single topic instead of a whole bunch of threads.

Anyway to answer your other question... Uninstall the drivers for the other card, remove old card, install new card, boot back up, install new drivers.

^ Was just going to ask that same question.

I looked up his model on HP's site and can't find anything or on google.

I would call HP and ask them what size power supply it has, as I'm not sure if opening up the case would void the warranty or not. Wouldn't want to open your case , void the warranty, then find out the video card you want won't work :(

You'll be fine.. and the HD 4670 will run fine, since it requires no power connector, it won't be too much of a demand on your PSU

Are you sure you sure your pc can fit full sized graphics cards? I know some manufacturers slim pc's can only fit low profile cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom